Monday, March 8, 2010

Get It Digital Camera Scammers. Watch Out!

Getting Scammed on my camera purchase..........


So I had finally saved up enough money to buy the camera I really wanted. The Nikon D90. As many people do, I searched the Internet, ebay, Adorama, BH photo, and many others to get the best deal I could.
These guys I found on ebay call themselves "Get it Digital". They offered a "package" deal, that included extra lenses, and a bunch other stuff. They had the D90 Body, two Tamron lenses (zoom and regular), and the fixed 50mm Nikor lens, with 1.8 aperture, for US$1200. It was the best deal that I had found, so I went forward with the purchase. It included 16G memory.
When I contacted them by phone, they went over the package deal again with me to confirm. They told me that the Tamron lenses that were in the package were not the "D" type lens, and asked if I wanted to "upgrade", as the original ones were not true digital lenses for true digital pictures. The upgrade was about $130. I went with it believing what they had told me.
About a week goes by, and my box shows up FedEx. Naturally I'm excited and am ready to get it all unboxed. Then I notice something is wrong..........
The Camera body was in a box from Nikon that was from the VR package, but without the VR Lens. They removed it, but oh well I thought, I wasn't expecting it, nor did I think that i was getting the VR Lens.
I unboxed the Tamron Lenses, and knew I had been had. They were the cheap ass Chinese knockoffs, which are feather light. They are the cheapest lens you can possibly buy. Both the Tamrons were these type. I searched through the box for the 50mm Nikor, and it wasn't there.
I called the people at Get It Digital To find out what happened, and I was pretty furious.
The guy on the phone was an arrogant jerk, told me "well you see,.....you ordered a different lens package, which didn't include the Nikor 50mm. They pulled the Bait and Switch trick on me when I "upgraded". They DID NOT TELL ME THEY WERE GOING TO REMOVE THE NIKOR 50mm. I went ballistic. I was so mad I could feel the blood boiling in my ears. I was mad at myself mostly, to have gotten tricked. And the jerk on the phone smirking and making a joke of it didn't help.
I told them to put the f***ing lens in the mail NOW, and they just laughed and said it was not part of my package. They made me repurchase the lens by itself, and threw in an extra battery to try and compensate for me being so mad. I explained to them the bait-and-switch operation they had pulled on me, and they really didn't have much to say.
A week later I got the 50mm Nikor. And the cheap ass start up battery that sells for $7 on ebay. Not the solid full battery that can go for as much as $30. I did what I thought was appropriate and Trashed them on the feedback. They freaked out and called me 20 times in about 4 days. They were trying to get me to remove the negative feed back, in exchange for crediting me the extra $75 I spent on the 50mm that I had already paid for. This is called "Feedback Extortion". I ignored them.




Here are some facts about the "Get it Digital" clowns, in NY:

The feed back is faked. Look at the feedback history closely. See the UV filters and HDMI cables purchased minuet to minuet? If you go back really far you see the same user names pop up again. They are pumping their feedback, and also try to bury people like me who legitimately leave negative responses. I think I can safely say that their feedback is about 90% faked. I researched it for a long time. You can see the really obvious ones. (....UV Lens...got it...great product incredible ebayers...incredible products.....++++AAA+...) Yea right. And minuet to minuet like this? Please.

They have pulled the bait-and-switch on many other people. I have gotten over 40 emails in the past month from people wanting to know what happened. I have even spoken to people on the phone about them, and one guy in particular has a case with the NY attorneys office, and the BBB in NY.

The cheap Tamron rip offs are exactly what they are. Knock off Chinese junk. The upgrade is baseless. Tamron does not have upgraded lenses for these cheap chinese types.

I know they deal with the grey market, and claim to sell all new. My D90 has an issue that is well known. Its call the "F ee" or "F --" problem, and it can be fixed through the Nikon dealer service and repair. My camera had to have been used. Or an attempted refurbish.....it has the problem. It was probably returned and sent back by someone else. The Nikon box also was in really rough shape.

The extras they sell you in your package deal are plastic garbage. The cheapest possible tripods and uv filters, and carrying bags.....all crap. The memory also is Chinese built generic junk that has been known to have viruses.

The "Get it Digital" people are boils on the ass of humanity. Please don't deal with these people, and fund anymore of their scams. I think I have successfully killed thousands of dollars in sales for them. The last guy I talked to was about to spend $3500.
I hate being tricked. And what sucks is that I am a purchasing agent for a big company, and it is my job to carefully watch orders, and catch this kind of stuff. All the fast talking and the heavy NY accent spun me a little. But NEVER again.

Pass this along. You an email me droemail@gmail.com, and let me know if you have had an experience with these jerks. The more ammunition I have the better to get these guys off ebay. They make ebay look bad.




Thanks for reading my post.
Dave Ogle
Lawrence, Kansas

7 comments:

  1. Dave,

    Thanks for all your information. I got scammed by another Brooklyn company, A J Richies. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't the same group of NY "A "holes! Why isn't the great state of New York stopping these kind of businesses for stealing people's money? If the people of New York want my help for Hurricane relief, then help me get my camera or money back. Maybe "A J Richies" and "Get it Digital" can give back to the State. Remember, Karma is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this blog. I saw their "deal" on the canon rebel 600d/t3i and I wasn't really sure if I should buy it. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just saved me from grabbing this 7D from them!


    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bid in a 70d..I haven't paid yet am I obligitated to purchase. It.

      Delete
  4. I also bought from get it digital. They too called and told me that one of the lens' was on backorder and that they would upgrade me for not much more. I told them I would think about it and get back to them. They billed me and sent the upgraded package anyway. The camera body is fine, the two of the lens' are o.k and all the accessories are cheap crap. Could've gotten much higher quality products for the same price had I done my homework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too be clear it was supposed to be a 5 lens package. They changed it to a four lens package and two of the lens' were complete junk. All this and I paid more then initially intended. Do more research on this company and you will find this is common practice for them. DO NOT do business with this company.

      Delete
  5. Is there anyone that got Get It Digitals EIN number. They hold my camera and refuses to send it to me

    ReplyDelete